Best Plus Size Strapless Bra
The best plus size strapless bra is one that won't fall down, doesn't pinch, and comes in a range of stylized options including exciting patterns and sexy lace – these have been tested by the author and thousands of plus size users on Amazon, Adore Me, and beyond.
|Factors to Consider||Description|
|Size and Fit||Crucial for comfort and support. Measure band size around bottom of bust, then bust size at the fullest part. Subtract band size from bust measurement to get cup size. Each brand may have slight variations in sizing.|
|Fabric and Material||Cotton offers breathability and is gentle on skin. Lace adds femininity while providing a good fit. Silk is luxurious and soft.|
|Support and Lift||Balconette bras offer a rounded appearance and good lift. Full-cup bras provide excellent support and coverage. Bandeau style can also be effective if chosen well.|
|Price and Quality||High-quality strapless bras may cost more, but they offer better support, last longer, and contribute to comfort and health.|
|Bra Maintenance||Hand washing is preferred, but machine wash with a lingerie bag in gentlest cycle can be done. Never wring or twist, reshape and lay flat to dry. Avoid folding cups into each other for storage.|
My Plus Size Strapless Bra! | Plus Size Fashion
How to Choose the Best Plus Size Strapless Bra
Size and Fit
Proper sizing is crucial when selecting a bra, especially a strapless one. The right bra size ensures optimal comfort and support, making it easier for you to go about your day without experiencing common issues, like pinching or sliding. Here's a quick guide on how to measure your correct bra size:
- Step 1: Wear a non-padded bra and remember not to hold your breath as you measure.
- Step 2: Using a tape measure, find your band size by measuring around the bottom of your bust, directly under the breasts.
- Step 3: To find your bust size, measure at the fullest part of your breasts.
- Step 4: Subtract your band size from your bust measurement. The difference determines your cup size.\
Remember, each brand may have slight variations in sizing, so always refer to the size chart before making a purchase.
Fabric and Material
Different materials can affect the comfort, durability, and overall look of the strapless bra. Cotton offers breathability and is gentle on the skin, especially suitable for individuals with sensitive skin. Lace adds a touch of femininity while providing an excellent fit. Silk bras, on the other hand, are luxurious and soft to the touch.
Despite the difference in feel and appearance, it's vital to choose a material that you are comfortable with, and that suits your lifestyle and the types of clothes you wear.
Support and Lift
Now, let's explore different styles of bras that provide the necessary support and lift. Balconette bras are an excellent option that offers a rounded appearance and good lift. Full-cup bras provide superb support and coverage, especially beneficial for higher busts. A well-structured bandeau style can also work wonders if chosen carefully.
Price and Quality
When budgeting for a bra, consider quality over quantity. A good quality strapless bra provides substantial support, lasts longer, and contributes to your comfort and health.
Top 5 Best Plus Size Strapless Bras
Unfortunately, product specifics are unavailable at this moment.
Strapless Bra Maintenance Tips
Proper care of your bras is essential to prolong their life and maintain shape and functionality. Here are a few tips:
- Hand Washing vs. Machine Washing: Hand washing is the preferred method as it is gentler. However, if using a machine, use a lingerie bag and the gentlest cycle.
- Drying Techniques: Never wring or twist your bras. Instead, reshape them and lay flat to dry.
- Storage: Avoid folding the cups into each other. Instead, lay your bras flat or hang them up.
Choosing the right plus size strapless bra plays a significant role in improving your overall comfort and confidence. It's not just about buying the first bra you see but making an informed decision based on size, fabric, support, and quality. So take your time, measure yourself, try on different styles, and don't be afraid to treat yourself to a comfortable, stylish, and high-quality strapless bra! You deserve it.
- Many bra brands have a limited size range, excluding those who need bigger band and cup sizes, or smaller band and bigger cup sizes.
- The common pitfalls of strapless bras are that they often tend to slide down or pinch the skin.
- Majority of the bra styles available aren’t always the most attractive and are generally basic, coming in nude, black, or white color variants with no interesting patterns or sexy lace.
- The author has tested many strapless bras to find ones that won’t fall down and have also been lauded by thousands of plus-sized folks on platforms like Amazon, Adore Me and more.
- The author understands the struggles of finding the right bra as a big-busted girl, and specifically went on a mission to find strapless bras that won’t fall down.
- After hours of dancing, many of the bras you find don’t stand up to the test, reflecting the author’s opinion regarding the lack of functional yet stylistic options.
Bravissimo! I found a strapless bra that fits! Plus two more lovely bras! Hoorah, got the right bra!
Do strapless bras work for plus size?
**Yes, strapless bras can also work perfectly for larger bust sizes.** With the correct fit and specific features, they have the ability to support even the largest cup sizes, as I’ve learned from my conversations with bra fit experts.
How do you wear a strapless bra with saggy breasts?
**Choosing a size slightly smaller than your typical bra size can provide more support for saggy breasts when wearing a strapless bra.** It’s a delicate balance to maintain – the bra needs to be snug for support but not so tight as to be uncomfortable, something I’ve found to be true in my own experience.
Do any strapless bras stay up?
**Yes, certain models of strapless bras do stay up.** The key is to find designs that incorporate silicone strips along the band and cups; these adhere slightly to your skin, inhibiting any unwanted movement, a feature which has proven successful in my own personal usage.
Do I need to size up in a strapless bra?
**Sizing in a strapless bra depends on your personal comfort and the bra’s support level.** For example, if your regular bra fits loosely, you might need to size down for a strapless bra (and size up in the cup to maintain volume), or alternatively, if a strapless bra feels too tight, try a bigger band size and a smaller cup size – a tip I’ve found useful many times.